As I mentioned on my Facebook page the other day, we recently decided to return our cable equipment to Time Warner, after they tried to charge me a bogus $25 fee when my credit card was hacked while I was on vacation.
They did this without any warning whatsoever – even though they admitted in writing that they knew the card was stolen, and even though I know perfectly well that NO ONE charges a fee for a declined credit card, for any reason.
None of my other creditors did so after the card was cancelled, as a matter of fact.
But when confronted on the matter, Time Warner insisted repeatedly that this was simply their policy.
So I decided that MY policy is that I don’t give my money to a company without a shred of human compassion.
Benefits to Ditching the Cable Box (thus far)
- Listening to soothing music and reading blogs over breakfast now, instead of watching crime shows on my iPhone.
- Finally getting around to watching Paranormal Activity 2 on Netflix (okay, maybe that one isn’t really such a benefit)
- Being able to work in any room of the house, even the ones that don’t have TVs.
- Saving 90 bucks per month (yeah, that’s a big one for Independently Employed Aura Girl!)
- Listening to the silence, which is full of all sorts of interesting things. Who knew?
- Sticking it to the man (or to the woman, as the case may be. I’m not sexist).
I think that last one is really my favorite!
And what are you doing to improve your life today? Do tell!